One of the many areas of positive feedback that we receive from our students features the high level support that they receive both during and between course weekends. This is crucial for our students to graduate with an exceptionally high level of skill and is something that we take very seriously here at CPHT Scotland. So how do we do it?
- We have two Senior Lecturers teaching each course. Alex Brounger and Anne Wyatt are both working therapists and clinical supervisors as well as being senior lecturers, so they live and breathe the practical side of being a therapist day in and day out. This means we can combine a high level of theoretical knowledge with the real life, practical applications into practice. We know the useful tips and the pitfalls when it comes to working with clients, being self-employed and running a therapy business. In short, we get it!
- We limit our student numbers on each course. This combined with having two senior lecturers means that we can tailor teaching to the needs of each individual student. There is always time for questions on course weekends and every month we dedicate ring fenced time to hearing how the students have been getting on with clients over the past month, discussing what has gone well and what can be done differently moving forward.
- We choose our students carefully so that the comradery and support system between students is strong. Strong doesn’t actually seem a ‘strong’ enough word here – our students really do make friends for life and the support that they show to each other throughout the course and beyond is really something to behold as any of the graduates from our last course in particular will tell you!
- Both of our Senior Lecturers are available between course weekends so students can call, text or email us if they have any queries or require any support in between teaching weekends. They are never far from help if and when it is needed.
- If any student is finding a part of the training challenging, our first step is always to provide additional support. It is what we as senior lecturers are here for and rumour has it, we do it rather well!
Why not get in touch to find out more about enrolling for our next course. We look forward to hearing from you!